Not really a whole lot to report on currently. Just going to work and all that sort of thing.
1. Japan at the end of this month to visit a friend 🙂
2. I have a new favorite coffee shop that I frequent (for hot chocolate and their chicken panini). The other place, Angel-in-Us, always seemed to take ages to get the food/drinks out to you, no matter how many people were in the place. I’ve been to other locations and they’re better, but not planning on going all the way over there just to have a place to sit down and work on some things. AND they have free wi-fi at this other place. Hurrah!
3. Feeling like a Celebrity–That’s what people around here call it anyway. My city is big enough to where this doesn’t happen super often, but small enough that it still does. Anyway, with Korea only recently having so many foreigners within its boundaries comes a few side effects. lol.
One of the first things you’ll notice is that people stare at you. Not all the time, but often enough for you to notice. I’m sure they don’t mean anything by it, they’re just intrigued or curious…or whatever. I try not to think about it much past that.
I’ve also recently had people who will randomly come up to you and ask for a picture with you. Ie: you and them in a picture together. Complete strangers nonetheless. lol.
I can’t help but laugh when it does happen because it’s so random and would definitely not happen at home, ha. (The most it happened was yesterday–3 times in one day). Usually also comes along with a compliment “You are so beautiful.” 😛
I also experienced this one yesterday. I got approached by a university student and he had an assignment from school to interview a foreigner on ‘Life in Korea’. Favorite parts/least favorite/biggest change/things you wish you could change. I kept my answers pretty mild but still honest.
It’s a weird but funny experience in general.
4. My tutor for my online TEFL course filed for an extension for me to finish my course! YAY!! I have an extra month now..Originally, my course was set to be due in about a week. Whew. 🙂
5. I’m going to work on my course stuff, but I’m going to do a superstitions post in the near future. Also included in that will be stuff related to fashion here and the whole “Summer doesn’t start until June 1st” thing…and everything that goes along with that.