I think I’m about 60-70% finished with this CD-making project.
I’ve currently made 30 of 36 CDs (I’m going to bump it to 40 in case there are last-minute requests or any issues with scratches, etc.) and I’ve put together 25 of the lyric booklets. I was going to print them all out at the same time, but I sort of blanched when I saw how many pages it was. I’m making them double-sided, with 3-4 songs typically on one sheet of paper but it’s still a lot. It helps my conscious to break it up a bit, haha.
Making the CDs hasn’t been as tedious as I was expecting. I pretty much just go about my business here, watch movies, etc and just switch out the CDs every few minutes or so. The CDs take about 6-7 minutes to burn and I put the lyric booklets together assembly-line style while listening to music, so yeah, not too bad.
My school also provided a pretty massive stack of blank CDs (maybe 50) PLUS the little paper sleeves, so that’s another expense taken off my shoulders.
Still need to:
*collect the money from the front desk (They were cross-checking that everyone had paid and that there were no double-payments)
*get bags and tissue paper (my school apparently gets discounts at a particular art/stationary supply store and my school said they’d reimburse me)
*finish the last CDs (will finish tonight)
*finish the last of the lyric sheets
*stuff the bags, add names
I feel like I’m closer to finished than the list shows mainly because I think things will go quickly once I get those bags and the other lyric sheets printed off.
I see the light at the end of the tunnel! I wanted to put them in bags and such to jazz them up and make everything look nice. It’s a lot about the presentation with this sort of thing, IMO.
Anyhoo, just wanted to post a progress report, nothing special today. 🙂
Monday tomorrow! Off to bed soon…